I hope you are feeling great today. But I know that there are days when you are not sure if you should push through or take it easy.
It took me many, many years to learn whether I need to take a day off from exercising or if I should push through the discomfort.
You Should Rest When
- You’ve “pushed through the pain” for a couple of days in a row.
- You can’t remember the last time you took a day off.
- You’re sick from the neck down.
- You didn’t sleep all night and are barely keeping your eyes open
- If any of these statements sound like you, it’s time to push through and challenge yourself with an invigorating workout (within reason)
Push Through & Sweat
- You feel depressed and sluggish.
- You woke up feeling tight and sore from sleeping in a strange position.
- You’re tired from not sleeping enough, but not so tired you could injure yourself.
- You have a slight cold or feel one coming on. (A short, slow-paced workout can boost immunity.)
- You’ve had a stressful day.
- You feel tired (TRUST ME- this can turn out to be your BEST workout!)
- Forgot your sneakers – JUST GO BAREFOOT!
- Lastly remember- REAL results come from training programs NOT random and sporadic workouts.