DIET VS. EXERCISE
• We train to look good. That might be a given, but we also train to be healthy, to function in our daily lives with energy, to lead a life of well being, and to be active and pain free. When you consider these things then you will understand that your body has to move and be strong while taking in the right consistency of nutrient rich foods. That is the only way to enjoy real health and longevity.
• Take everyone’s favorite topic: looking great in a bikini. You should note that skinny is not always sexy: Lean muscle, a healthy glow, and curves are what truly define today’s sexy standards. To get those, you MUST follow a strength-and-conditioning routine. That means you need to have a regiment that raises your heart rate and challenges your endurance. However, you must also add resistance to your workouts. Starvation diets will make you weak and frail, you need nutrient-rich food and resistance training to get the job done.
• You cannot exercise off the last fatty meal you ate. Sorry guys, in the world of fitness and health there are more then calories in vs. calories out. While your energy in vs. energy out is important food has hormonal effects on the body. Those hormones can trigger your body to store fat or burn it. We discuss this in deal and include many hormonally balanced foods in the 7-Day Lean program.
• If we think about heart disease, diabetes, and other similar diseases, the prescriptions are clear—activity AND diet—not one or the other.
• The definition of exercise—why YOU workout—is simple: performance enhancement and injury prevention. The definition of a good diet is one that helps maintain or improve health. The by-product of exercise and a good diet is good body composition—looking good in your skinny jeans included. Looking at it that way, it’s easy to see that the two (diet AND exercise) work together for your body and are not mutually exclusive.
• Diet cannot prevent muscle imbalances caused by hours of sitting, poor movement patters, and inactive muscles. Only a
corrective, balanced, and educated training (resistance) routine can do that.
• Just doing cardio without resistance will not correct muscle imbalances. Resistance training is
also the only way you can come close to what some people call “spot reduction.” While you cannot just lose weight from one trouble spot in your body (weight happens all over the body), you can
sculpt and define areas of the body with correct, educated strength training. Yes, you’ll find strength training in all of our programs. We use body-weight resistance in the 7-Day Lean and the kettlebell in Scorcher and Body series.
• Exercise cannot provide you with your essential nutrition, including fluids, essential amino acids from protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins,
or minerals. But neither can a diet of fake, fatty or fat-free foods. Whole foods, correctly paired together are the only way to get the most benefit out of your nutrition.
• Metabolic conditioning is a great tool to burn fat and build lean muscles. In fact all of our workout rely on different versions of metabolic conditioning. While all metabolic conditioning is typically a systemized workout with a structured patterns of work and rest periods made to elicit a desired response from the body, in our case, we aim to maximize fat burn. This response can only be fully optimized with correct nutrition and workout structure.
For all these reasons you would be cheating yourself if in your pursuit for health and well being you excluded either diet or exercise. You need both to live a long and healthy life. You need both to get the best results. You need both to maintain and keep your progress.
You also need to be on a training program, where the dietary guidelines compliment your output (your workouts) and where those workouts are not random and sporadic bursts of energy or poorly put together routines. To change your body for your life you need a program that allows you explore your likes and dislikes, that gives you good options, and is sustainable for your lifestyle.
Need more? Checkout of 7 day lean Program, it comes with a 70page nutrition guide and a 7 workout NO equipment needed daily program!